OLD Heart for Africa Newsletter Archive

These Blogs Have Been Closed!

They are for archive purposes only.

Please see our new blog Here

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

I'm on a journey with a set destination. Heaven! I want to journey well and bless those traveling alongside me. I don't want to sit - I want to make progress - everyday.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

"Guide My Feet While I Run This Race"

On January 14, 2007, Caroline McGraw ran a marathon in honor of those suffering in Africa. Caroline tirelessly and lovingly shares her heart with everyone in her world and she is making a huge difference in Africa. We thank you ... and we love you Caroline.

Here is her story...

"My heart for Africa.....You save what you love.....

As my feet met the street during my recent marathon run, I ran with great joy and in fierce pursuit of HOPE on behalf of the widows and orphans of Swaziland, South Africa.

After two trips this past year and one half to Swaziland, South Africa with Heart for Africa, the silence of their story seemed too loud and I knew I had to put Love into action and empty myself, sacrifice, you know, like running a marathon on their behalf!

ITS NOT OKAY WITH ME was taped to the back of my shirt, encouraging people to learn more about the plight of the AIDS Pandemic in Africa, specifically in Swaziland, the world's highest rate of AIDS where 1 in 3 are HIV positive. http://www.itsnotokaywithme.com/

As I trained for the marathon, the children's faces, the precious people of Africa, and their harrowing plight played like a news reel in front of me. Etched on the insides of my eyelids forever.

As my feet moved along during my training; some days fast, some days slow, most days I felt encouraged that my love and action could make a difference. Strangely enough I felt HOPE for this Nation, a Nation that is literally dying before our very eyes. Within three short years a whole generation of Swazi people will be extinct due to the AIDS Pandemic unless we take urgent action.

Currently in a Nation of 1 million there are 132,000 orphans, not to mention the vulnerable children and widows.
*Every 14 seconds a child is orphaned by AIDS in Africa
IS THAT OKAY WITH YOU?
*Every 3 seconds a child dies of hunger or malnutrition-
that is 30,000 children PER DAY
IS THAT OKAY WITH YOU?
*75% of girls between the ages of 15-24 do not know that
AIDS is a sexually transmitted disease
IS THAT OKAY WITH YOU?
*In the past 12 months, 1.6 million more children have been
orphaned due to the AIDS pandemic in Africa, leaving
15 million children children to fend for themselves.
IS THAT OKAY WITH YOU?

THIS IS NOT OKAY WITH ME, SO,MY feet ran the race in Pursuit of HOPE AND JUSTICE for the people of Swaziland and all of Africa!"

Caroline McGraw